One of the greatest challenges that publishers face today is maintaining the quality of their content during the ebook conversion process, particularly when volumes are high. Transforma’s expertise and experience in the field enables us to efficiently and accurately convert large volumes of ebooks with a short turnaround time.
We thoroughly check[people and procedures can be scrutinized, but books…] each book against a comprehensive checklist, based on your guidelines, to offer the best possible quality. Moreover, our team performs a compatibility test to ensure that each book offers a seamless reading experience on all devices including smartphones, tablets, computers, and e-readers. Whether the input files are manuscripts, print or image documents, Word files, or they are in InDesign, PDF and XML formats, we can convert them to ePub3, KF8, web-ready PDFs or any other format of your choice.
Our experts develop interactive ebooks with aesthetically enriched animation and graphics, embedded audios and videos, and effective interactive features. This ensures that everyone can use a single version of content (“master source”) across multiple platforms and devices such as tablets, e-readers, smartphones, and PCs. Interactive ebooks are highly useful for educators, professionals of all kinds, and students, as such format offers a fascinating reading experience and a well-defined learning approach.
Ebooks with Reflowable Formats
Transforma develops ebooks with ePub3 formatting standards to enhance user experience while reading, teaching and learning. We convert the content into reflowable eBook formats[You are NOT developing the format] that are generally suitable for textbooks or books with a simple format, Mobi files for Amazon-based devices and apps, and ePub files for all other reading devices.
Key features in ePub3 formatting:
- Enhanced accessibility including text-only descriptions of all images
- MathML for incorporation of math formulas
- Multiple preferences for improved global presentation and distribution
- Multiple style sheets, allowing dynamic vertical and horizontal layouts
- Support for all key international languages
- Synchronization for audio, video, and interactive features
- User-friendly format to select text, and explore within the content
- Visually appealing ebooks with high-quality graphics, video, and animation
Ebooks with Fixed-Layout Formats
Fixed-layout ebook formats are best-suited for children picture books, cookbooks, travel guides, restaurant guides, company reports and annual reviews, academic publications, textbooks and other learning materials, and business guides, as these books involve:
- Complex design and miscellaneous images
- Multi-column text that requires replication on the output device
- Stringent layouts with illustrations and graphics
- Complex publishing processes compared to standard ePub formats, as fixed-layout formats, require precise control of page layout and image positioning during display
Transforma delivers the following complex fixed-layout ebook formats in a cost-effective manner:
- Fixed-layout ePub3 for Apple, Google, and Kobo
- Fixed-layout KF8 and Kindle Comics for Amazon Kindle devices
- Kindle Textbook Creator for Amazon
- Nook Comics and PagePerfect PDF for Barnes & Noble